Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
Results 121 to 129 of 129

Thread: Gas prices next step?

  1. #121
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick_Vitale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">saw several gas tankers tonight filling up some gas stations so i am still confused with he price increase. </div></div>
    because many of the refineries will be offline for a few days which could potentially cause a shortage short term

    houston and galveston are taking it right up the ass right now

    this one is gonna be ugly
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  2. #122
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2007
    Posts
    128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    It's $4.29 at the Black Diamond in Wise. Channel 5 news was broadcasting numbers for TN and VA for people to call and complain. Many people called Rick Boucher's office yesterday and they have started an investigation.
    Some people's reality is a fantasy because they don't know the difference between truth and lies

  3. #123
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    There's no Black Diamond in Wise. ??? Do you mean Appco?

    nevermind. I guess you're talking about Mike's.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  4. #124
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    A doctor where my wife works told her yesterday that gas in Elizabethton was $7 a gallon. I thought she was drunk until they reported it on Fox last night. I agree with Rock, they raised it more less because of what "may" happen. It reminds me of when they give snow in the forecast and the entire area heads to the grocery store at once.
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

  5. #125
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    If it was $7 in Elizabethton, I would hate to seen what it was just across the border. Elizabethton is generally one of the cheapest places in our area for gas, but as soon as you cross the state line out of Roan Mtn into Elk Park, gas generally shoots up 15 cents or so.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #126
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    I drove to asheville yesterday. $4.30 is the most I saw. Bought gas for the big van @ $3.97/gallon

  7. #127
    Inactive Member PVVikings2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2006
    Posts
    501
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    On the way up to Louisville on Saturday morning, prices were as follows:


    Note of interest: All stations, except for 6 or 7 in Kentucky, from Kingsport to Louisville metro area, were out of Regular and Mid Grade Gasoline. All that was left was premium. In Kentucky, there was more availablity in different areas. As I was heading back home to Titletown, I went back the way I came so as to make sure I would have gas. I stopped at the Exxon in Weber City, Virginia and they were completely out at midnight last night of everything. I found a lil bit in Kingsport and made my way on home.

    Kingsport:
    Valero - 3.99
    B.P - 3.99

    Gate City:
    Exxon - 3.92
    Citgo Presley's Market - 4.70
    Quik Stop Markets - 3.99

    Duffield:
    McDonalds station - 4.09
    Tiger Market - 4.70

    Lee County:
    All stores: 3.99

    Middlesboro:
    All stores: 3.99
    Pilot Travel Center: 4.99

    Barbourville:
    All stores: 3.99

    Corbin:
    All stores: 3.99
    Pilot Travel Center: 4.99

    London:
    All stores: 3.99

    Danville:
    All stores: 3.99

    Springfield:
    Marathon: 3.80 reg., 4.00 premium

    Bloomfield:
    Marathon: 3.79 reg., 3.99 premium

    Louisville: 4.05 to 4.13


  8. #128
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    There has always been a big disparity in gas prices in Kentucky even before this weekend. For instance, in between Middlesboro and Corbin, one gas station would have gas at 3.55 a gallon while directly across the road, another would have it at 3.87 a gallon. It was like that all over Kentucky.

  9. #129
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas prices next step?

    The Quick Stop in Gate City ran out of gas early Friday but mysteriously had gas when they opened Saturday with regular being $4.29.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •